Loki's Camp

All the Grendel's Cave information you could possibly need!

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Getting Closer

Loco

Reset is just 10 Days away Hope to see a big turn out and hope to see you all there 

Good Luck

--

5 Crowns later ....

August 6, 2014 at 8:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Odds

I'll be playing again for sure

--

August 10, 2014 at 1:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Fire

I'll def be in.  I'm probably gonna mess around this reset tho.  I don't think I'm goin for king.  Time for somebody else to get it.  Good Luck everyone!

--

Get on my level!  Nobody can stop me!  RAAAAWWWWRRR!!!

August 10, 2014 at 11:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

simpsonsfana

How's Einherjar compared to Viking, Fire?

August 11, 2014 at 1:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Comedy

I'll be playing.  No matter how many times we step away from this game, we always come crawling back lol.

--

.: I'm Like Time Itself, I'll Kill You Inevitably :.

August 11, 2014 at 9:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Fire

Fire at August 10, 2014 at 11:04 PM

I'll def be in.  I'm probably gonna mess around this reset tho.  I don't think I'm goin for king.  Time for somebody else to get it.  Good Luck everyone!

It's identical except you'll need to get all 23 ammies for the ygg.  For the earth ammy alone you'll need to collect 10k maggots.  If you die you'll have to resurrect your thane.  I've taken 4 characters into the hallows without getting a hallows balrog to spawn... so that means if ur not lucky on your 1st attempt you'd have to make a new thane and kill a viking to get another character up there for the second attempt.  I know killing an Einherjar is possible but it would take a year or better just to get all of the ammies to create the yggdrasil.

August 13, 2014 at 5:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Comedy

Fire at August 13, 2014 at 5:22 PM

Fire at August 10, 2014 at 11:04 PM

It's identical except you'll need to get all 23 ammies for the ygg.  For the earth ammy alone you'll need to collect 10k maggots.  If you die you'll have to resurrect your thane.  I've taken 4 characters into the hallows without getting a hallows balrog to spawn... so that means if ur not lucky on your 1st attempt you'd have to make a new thane and kill a viking to get another character up there for the second attempt.  I know killing an Einherjar is possible but it would take a year or better just to get all of the ammies to create the yggdrasil.

Does that walking around until you hear the mom noises work in that kingdom?  I haven't figured it out exactly yet (Maybe I'm just not lucky enough to hear it on 4-6 clicks per room), but I would imagine if it does and you grab the Giant Sword right away, it would at least make it some what easier to achieve?  Granted, like you said, you'd have to spawn a bunch of new thanes to get the Balrog to show up.. (Which leads me to believe the game is no longer free to play, since in order to beat the "toughest kingdom" you potentially have to spend money on lives).

--

.: I'm Like Time Itself, I'll Kill You Inevitably :.

August 13, 2014 at 10:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Beowulf

You can win free lives by killing Grendel in kingdoms, thus getting the lives needed to fuel additional entries into the Hallows to get the Balrog to spawn.  It could all still be done with no purchase, though I think it would take an Aesir or Vanir god to do it.

August 13, 2014 at 11:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Fire

I haven't tried to find the mother this whole session...  I think it takes three characters in einherjar and probably 50 clicks per room on the e/w and n/s axis' to get a mother hint.  I'm gonna get a char up there fast and see if I can pull off killing the kingdom in a reasonable time. (hopefully under a year)  haha.

August 14, 2014 at 5:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.